Mackrell Turner Garrett

National Lawyers, Internationally



White Collar Crime

When a relationship breaks down, or ends in separation, divorce or dissolution, the welfare of any children involved is paramount.

The courts encourage parents to make arrangements between themselves wherever possible. However, if this is not possible, it may be necessary to apply to the court for a specific order, which may set out:

  • with which parent a child will live with (residence order)
  • how much contact an absent parent will have with the child (contact order)
  • the prevention of certain things from happening (a prohibited steps order)
  • how issues including education, religion or change of name should be dealt with (specific issue order).

Other orders can also be made to allow contact between the child and other relatives, such as grandparents.

Whether you are working to resolve issues with your partner informally or feel you have no alternative but to go to court, Mackrell Turner Garrett’s Family Law team in central London and Surrey will provide objective, expert legal advice.

We can work with you to help achieve a negotiated agreement, providing practical, professional advice and a non-confrontational approach designed to help you reach a solution that is in your children’s best interests.

Even if you feel that going to court is your only option, our experience and understanding of the issues involved can help you and your partner to resolve the issue before the matter progresses that far.

And if the matter does have to go to court, we can represent you in negotiations or at the court hearings.

Our Family Law specialists include:

Alison Green Manisha Hurchurn Rachael House

Alison Green

Manisha Hurchurn

Rachael House

For more information on our Family Law services in central London and Surrey, please contact us.